Module 1: Innovation and Productivity in Teams
- Identify factors that contribute to the growing prevalence and importance of interdisciplinary teams.
- Describe the ways in which working in a team can either help or hinder idea generation.
- Describe the relationship between collaboration and team productivity over time.
- Acknowledge and identify some challenges researchers experience when working in an interdisciplinary team.
Module 2: Diversity; identities, contributions and values
- Reflect on what dimensions of diversity are salient to yourself and others.
- Explain the relationship between team diversity and team performance.
- Reflect on and articulate aspects of your patterns of thought/behavior on teams.
- Construct a plan to integrate all patterns of thought/behavior and maximize team functioning.
Module 3: Effective Communication
- Describe some possible ways communication challenges arise in interdisciplinary teams.
- Analyze communication challenges in research teams.
- Formulate solutions to communication challenges.
- Identify language unique to your discipline that might be misunderstood outside the discipline.
Module 4: Leveraging and Managing Conflict
- Choose appropriate conflict management strategies for a given conflict situation.
- Construct a plan to address a major conflict.
- Preserve working relationships during crucial conversations by employing empathetic listening.