Competencies: Communication, Conflict Management, Operation & Collaboration
1. Introduce the purpose of the day’s activity. (1 min)
Points to make:
2. Students read the “Acknowledging Conflict and Moving Forward” section of the activity guide individually. (5 min)
3. Begin steps of the activity guide.
Step 1: Complete Conflict Management Survey. (5 min)
Step 2: Discuss findings. (10 min)
Step 3: Reflect on procedural conflict issues. (5 min)
Step 4: Discuss findings and update the team contract. (10 min)
Step 5: Apply what was learned to a complex issue. (10 min)
4. Conclude class. (1 min)
1. Have students complete the Conflict Management Style Survey and submit this via Canvas.
2. Optional: Ask students to schedule an in-person or digital chat session with everyone on their team (that must be completed before this homework is due).
3. Ask students to write a reflection in which they answer each question from Step 3 of the activity guide, providing at least one sentence responses to each question. Answers should be submitted via Canvas.
4. Ask students to open their team contract in Google docs and improve the following details based on their reflection:
5. Use the comments feature in Google docs to provide feedback about existing sections of the contract. Employ strategic language as recommended in the activity guide.
6. Using the same document students used to write their reflection in Step 3, ask students to write a reflection in which they identify an important issue or section of the project that their team should substantively discuss.
7. Turn in via Canvas: